Monday 24 February 2014

A funny place

 UNIVERSITY TIME!!!!

I haven't blogged in days due to an extreme change in my lifestyle.
I have recently moved into my student hall. This is so exciting and I can't get over how many people I've met, how many names I need to remember and how much freedom I have acquired!
My room is small but livable. I like it!! Cozy, The bed is unnaturally soft- like sleeping of a marshmallow stuffed with feathers. Plus I have a double wardrobe!!!!
My floor is filled with the nicest people- were a pretty cool bunch and the RA is hilarious... in a professional way... more or less... :)





It is now the end of Orientation week and I have pushed through late nights, quick introductions, alcohol consumption, fatty food, shopping, working two casual jobs, organizing my room, the famous toga party, David Dallas, Chet Faker, Six60, the rugby, trips to Castle st where all the rowdy flat parties are- watch your heads, bottles will be flying! Its a frightening place to be! Everything is grungy and sharp like the alley ways covered with a carpet of broken bottles and rubbish. Its gross and exciting. I can't wrap my head around it all.




The entire week has morphed into one blurry day. I wish we had a recovery week next week but no! Its straight on to lectures!! I'm really looking forwards to developing my english skills. I am taking English, Philosophy and Gender studies which should be interesting although say bye bye to any dreams of a solid career for the future because (haha how I laugh) I aim to be a writer. Whoops.

Good luck to me and good luck to you.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment