Wednesday 11 June 2014

First semester done and dusted.

So my first semester on university is officially over. I had my last exam today (philosophy- critical thinking- sand paper on my brain. Praise buddha its finished!) and I have done much much much and met many many many people. Even though I’m still in the town I’ve grown up in and my mother and friends still live here but its as though I’m in a youth hostel or a school camp in Europe or Canada or somewhere homely like that. I’ve failed to write as vigorously as I’d hoped but that was predictable.








There have been parties and fines, drinking (the drinking culture here is beyond me), road trips, I did the 48 hour film festival, went to a strip club, built forts and giant beds, participated in quizzes, floor activities like lazer tag, movie nights, broke into the gardens in the middle of the night, been kicked out of a karaoke club (not something to be proud of but something to note for sure), had the best chats I’ve ever had with people and on the whole rolled through my first semester as a scarfie should. Its been classic and I’m super stoked to have had the typical student experience.



English is definitely my jam and I can’t wait for controversial classics next semester!!!
The exam went well I like to think- Hamlet, The Bloody Chamber, Sonnets, Chaucer and Pride and Prejudice. English involves alot of sex. Its good fun.

Hated philosophy and gender though but its all a learning curve.

I’ve made three extremely close girlfriends and we have made a tradition of nestling down in a bed and watching an episode of GIRLS, my new favorite show. I reckon a post on my favorite character is called for.


On the whole, I am relieved to have moved the way I have through the beginning of something so alien to me and don’t regret a single shenanigan. They have all been pretty golden.


x

No comments:

Post a Comment